For people who prefer watching a movie at home, they likely think of a DVD more than a VCD due to its superior image and sound quality, available subtitles, and movie section selection capability. However, in this era, if you think about superb movie experience at home, you must have heard about a Blu-ray
and wonder what it is.
A Blu-ray player is the latest media player technology that gives a High Definition (HD) image and sound quality. Before the launch of Blu-ray technology, we have witnessed the evolution of media player that probably started from the Video Home System (VHS). After a VHS, it was the era of a VCD player dominating the market. A VHS became less popular and almost disappeared as a VCD is smaller in size and cheaper than a VHS. Not long after, it was the launch of a DVD player. It came with a high-quality media player capability as well as compatibility with VCD discs within a reasonable price range. Thus, it grew its popularity quickly. Nowadays, there are Blu-ray players and Blu-ray discs. You can choose from the highly renowned brands such as Sony, Pioneer, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, and LG. The price ranges from 10k to almost 100k Thai Baht. The difference in price indicates the difference in its capabilities, but we can guarantee that the image and sound quality will be better than a DVD player. Most importantly, almost all LCD TV and Plasma TV models fully support a Blu-ray player.
Many of you may wonder why we call the device a Blu-ray player. The name Blu-ray refers to the “blue laser” used to read the disc instead of the traditional “red laser” used by the DVD. You may be wondering if this the right time to change from a DVD player to a Blu-ray player. Let's take a look at some of the reasons why you should.
1. Blu-ray technology provides a High Definition (HD) image quality. We can observe that the latest TV models tend to support Full HD technology. While the image resolution of Blu-ray is 1080p, DVD only provides 576p image resolution.
2. Blu-ray audio system is also an HD standard without any decrease in sound quality, for instance, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master.
3.The capacity of Blu-ray is higher than a DVD.
• Single-Layer Blu-ray: The storage capacity of a single-layer Blu-ray disc is about 25 GB while a single-layer DVD can store only 4.7 GB of data.
• Dual-Layer: A dual-layer Blu-ray disc can hold as much as 50 GB of data while a dual-layer DVD can only hold 8.5 GB of data. The larger storage capacity of a Blu-ray disc is a clear advantage over standard DVDs.
4. A Blu-ray player can play DVDs, but a DVD player cannot play Blu-ray discs.
From all the points above, we would like to recommend a list of Blu-ray player, which are available in our Power Buy website. We believe that these Blu-ray players will enhance your movie-watching experience and will be worth the price
1. 4K Blu-ray player UBP-X700 from Sony. This 4K Blu-ray player from Sony has exceptional color performance, which will give you the best 4K experience. The boot-up time is fast as it takes only a split second after power on for the player to be ready. The device size is 4.5 x 32.0 x 21.7 cm.
2. Blu-ray Player BD-J4500R/XT from Samsung. This Blu-ray player will provide happiness in your home. It has a minimalist design with the emphasis on usability. It supports different file formats including DVD, VCD, MP3, CDCDR/RW, CD+R/RW/WMA/WAV/MPEG4/JPMG/DIVX. Thus, it is remarkably useful and convenient. You can fully experience the highest quality of image and sound with its 4K technology. It will unquestionably relieve your stress with an exceptional performance of music and movie.