Many of you who new to MacBook or are interested in buying one may have a question of which model to buy. Nowadays, Apple has released many different models. However, rest assured that you will be able to choose the best MacBook model as we have summarized the key factors of each model for you.
First, we should take a look at the differences between the current models.
1. MacBook is suitable for people who focus on portability. It is a good fit if you want to carry it around and work anywhere. It is not used as the main computer because it cannot cover 100% of the work that needs to be done as the CPU used is CPU Core M that focuses on energy saving.
2. MacBook Air is suitable for Apple MacBook beginners with light usage. For example, you can use it to browse information on websites or use as a backup machine when you go outside as the battery lasts long and the body is thin.
3. MacBook Pro is suitable for people who need the latest technology such as the Touch Bar. It comes with the highest performance with Core i5 and Core i7 latest generation and long battery life.
You should consider these factors before purchasing.
How much RAM and SDD?
Nowadays, Apple has upgraded all basic models to have 8GB of RAM. For primary usage, this amount of RAM is sufficient. However, if you need specialized work, you may need to upgrade to 16GB.
For SSD, you should select based on personal necessities. However, we recommend 256GB or above for your peace of mind in the future.
For the screen, your eyes will be more comfortable with Retina Display as the color is natural and more comfortable to the eyes more than HD. However, it also depends on your budget.
There are many advantages of MacBook, which are summarized as follows.
1. Boot up the device quickly
As Apple is always a leader in new technology, Apple MacBook is ready to use or wake up from Sleep mode within 2 seconds. After pressing the Power button, it does not take much time to get ready as well. This is also true for shutting down the device.
2. Highly stable operating system
Mac OS X is highly stable and is built-in to the Mac computers. It is developed from the Unix operating system, making it stable. Memory management and RAM management are exceptional as well. The operating system interface is friendly and elegant.
3. Convenient to connect
Today, after turning on a computer, the first thing we do is connecting it to the internet. This includes connecting to the internet after waking up from the Sleep mode as well. The network configuration is also done automatically no matter if you are at home, work, or coffee shop. It is simply convenient.
4. Easy to use
Mac OS X is also designed to be easy to use. For example, the desktop is designed to have a minimum number of icon to avoid a mess on the desktop. However, it is still easy to navigate. Installing new software is also easy by dragging the application icon to the Application folder in the Finder window. You can also uninstall applications by dragging the icon to the Trash. Searching for files is also easy. Simply type the keyword in a search box and the result will appear instantly.
5. High-quality built-in applications
The pre-installed applications bundled with Mac OS X are all free and are sufficient for basic usage. The quality is already high, so you don't need to install additional software like the Windows computer. For example, i'Life programs include iTunes for playing music, iPhoto for manage and edit photos, iMovie for basic video editing, and Safari for web browsing.
These are all the MacBook basics that we would like to share with you. We hope it is useful for you!